Quick Mask Mode can be used as a standalone tool, or it can also be used as a complementary tool with other selection tools inside photoshop.
A quick mask option in photoshop allows us to select certain portions of the image with the help of the brush tool. Before using it, you have to press the “D” shortcut to reset the foreground color to black and background color to white as it works on the principle of masking (Black conceals and white reveals).
Let’s see how to use it:
- Reset the Colors (Press D shortcut).
- Now select Quick Mask Option from the toolbox (Press Q shortcut).
- It will make the entire canvas transparent red which indicates that nothing is selected.
- Now, select the Brush Tool (Press B Shortcut) and start to apply white color on the image of the portion that you want in the selection and black color on the portions of the image that you want out of the selection.
- Once you are done, simply press “Q” again to disable the Quick Mask Mode.
- You’ll notice that it will be converted to Selection (Marching ants).
- Use Quick Mask as a supplementary technique with other selection tools.
- You may get better output on the graphic tablet.